Long Distance Love Quotes for Deployment
Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
When my husband was in basic training I decided to send him a love letter every single day and include several long distance love quotes. I wanted to let him know that he was loved, thought about, and prayed for the entire time he was gone.
I typed up my letters in a document, and each day I would print one out and mail it to him. Not only did I include long distance love quotes, but I also wrote to him about my day, the things that were going on while he was gone, and of course all the wedding planning I was doing!
I remember searching online for just the right long distance love quotes to send him. Things that would make him feel encouraged and loved. While I do not know who these quotes are attributed to, I hope that you too find these quotes helpful and comforting during your service member‘s deployment or in your long distance relationship.
Long Distance Love Quotes for Deployment
1. “Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle…rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.”
2. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.”
3. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all night.”
4. “If you live to be 100…I want to live to be 100 minus one day…so I never have to live a day without you.”
5. “If you love someone more than anything, then distance only matters to the mind, not to the heart.”
6. “I wish that I could hold you now…I wish that I could touch you now…I wish that I could talk to you…and be with you somehow.”
7. “I tell you goodnight with tears in my eyes, I wish I was there curled up by your side. Time passes, but not fast enough. I try to be strong but I am not tough enough. When I feel your embrace it will be all right, but my heart aches for you now on this lonely night.”
8. “What I have with you is worth it. It is worth every lonely night, every tear I cry from missing you, and the pain I feel from not having you close. It is worth it because you are my one and only. When I picture myself years from now, I see only you. No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse.”
9. “Missing you gets easier every day because even though I am one day further from the last time I saw you, I am one day closer to the next time I will see you.”
10. “Wish I was in your arms, lyin’ right there beside you.”
11. “But I know that I’ll be in your dreams tonight and I’ll gently kiss your lips, touch you with my fingertips. So turn out the lights, and close your eyes.”
12. “You know where I’m at, baby. I’m not going anywhere. Promise.”
13. “Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss.”
14. “When the night has come and the land’s dark, when the moon is the only light we’ll see, look at the stars; can you count them? I miss you that much.”
15. “When I miss you, I don’t have to go far…I just have to look inside my heart because that’s where I’ll find you.”
16. “I’ve been strong and I’ve been weak and I still miss you.”
17. “A day without you is like a day without sunshine… I miss you…”
18. “You are the sun in my day, the wind in my sky, the waves in my ocean and the beat in my heart… I Miss You…”
See Also: How to Cope During Deployment
19. “Together for always and never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart.”
20. “I may not get to see you as often as I like, I may not get to hold you in my arms all through the night, but deep in my heart I truly know, you’re the one that I love, and I can’t let you go.”
21. ”Distance means so little when someone means so much.”
22. “I long for the day I’ll dream of your kiss no more when your lips will caress mine for real when your touch makes me alive again, and the sight of you arouses all my senses.”
23. “I want to be in your arms, where you hold me tight and never let go.”
24. “I miss you so much that you’re always on my mind. I love you so much that you’re always in my heart.”
25. “You’re my love and my heart’s dream, never did I think I could feel this way, you’re my heart’s hope and sense of being.”
26. “Tears last for a moment, but memories are forever.”
27. “I might not get to see you as often as I’d like, I may not get to hold you in my arms at night, but deep in my heart, I know that it’s true: no matter what happens… I’ll always love you.”
28. “I miss you when something really good happens because you are the one I want to share it with. I miss you when something is troubling me because you are the one who understands me so well. I miss you when I laugh and cry because I know that you are the one that makes my laughter grow and my tears disappear. I miss you all the time, but I miss you most when I lay awake at night and think of all the wonderful times we spent with each other; for those are some of the best times of my life.”
29. “And to me, you’re the air that I breathe, the light in my eyes and the hope in my dreams. To me, you’re the best in my life, you’re all I need for the rest of my life. Baby, you’re what love means to me.”
30. “I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh. But I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry. I guess I’m just missing the old times…miss you.”
31. “So close your eyes and sleep to dream. I’m by your side, no words to speak. We’ll set our course and make it through. No matter how far you go, my heart remains with you.”
32. “You are far away, but yet your love remains; I can feel it all around. It embraces me and holds me tight, night after night.”
33. “You don’t know what you do when you look at me that way. You don’t hear how I pray that you’re safe when we’re apart. Every time we kiss you don’t know how you steal a piece of my soul. No, you don’t know how it feels. You might think you do, But you don’t.”
34. “I don’t say I love you to hear it back, I say it so you don’t forget.”
35. “As long as you love me, I’ll stay by your side, I’ll be your companion, your friend, and your guide. As long as you love me, as long as you care, I’ll do anything for you, I’ll go anywhere. As long as forever, my love will be true. For as long as you love me, I’ll only love you!”
36. “You want to know the best thing about a long distance relationship? Every kiss is like the first.”
37. “I know I can’t be there, baby, it’s alright, I’ll be waiting for you tonight. I pray that you’ll be there, when I close my eyes, meet me in my dreams tonight.”
38. “Distance does to love what wind does to fire…it extinguishes the weak and fuels the strong.”
39. “When I married a man in the military, no one ever said it would be easy; they just said it would be worth it.”
40. “And the way we say goodbye is not that way that anyone would do, like a wave out on the ocean I will always come right back to you. Like we blinked not a moment is gone, we’ll pick up where we left off.”
What about you? Do you have some favorite long distance love quotes that make you think of that special someone?
Is your spouse deploying soon? Check out my book on deployment for military spouses and families
I love the first one, it is so incredibly true. Thank you for posting these. 🙂
Thanks for commenting. 🙂
This is a great collection. Have a great weekend!
Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed it!
I love these quotes! Remind me of the time me and the hubs had a long distance relationship…back when we were dating.
Dropping by from SITS!
Thanks for stopping by!
I love these quotes! My boyfriend is in the army.. Its been hard not seeing him everyday like other couples do. Its good to know that there are people who understand what im going through. I sent him a link to this and loved them too.. Thank you for writing them 🙂
. – Frances 🙂
Queria que esse site tivesse tradução para português 🙁
You can use http://translate.google.com/ to translate some of my posts! 🙂
I love all these.thanks very much
Glad you enjoy them. Thanks for commenting!
These are so beautiful and I am also glad to find a blog written by a Christian. Thanks for this inspirational blog, it looks so beautiful. I’m sure your husband must be proud of you. Have a great day.
the 100 minus a day is by Winnie the Pooh
“But I know that I’ll be in your dreams tonight and I’ll gently kiss your lips, touch you with my fingertips. So turn out the lights, and close your eyes.”
Is lyrics to “I’m already there” by Lonestar
Nice quotes 🙂
I’m glad you liked them! Thanks for commenting.
I love these … I am new to this world. In my mid 40’s I have found my soulmate who is in the forces and I am finding days harder than others to get through deployment … these quotes sure do help. Thank you
It’s definitely hard, but stay strong, you can do it! Just take it one day at a time. Glad the quotes helped, hope that you can use them when you feel down.
Hi, my boyfriend will be leaving for Canadian BMQ training in September…I’d love some ideas on what to get him as a going away gift.
your post “40 Long Distance Love Quotes for Deployment” are very special for us. This love quotes are very special for everyday life.I have collected many quotes from you, and I will come back soon. It’s encourage to work everyday life. So thanks a lot for doing this job.
Thanks for sharing these love quotes