Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
Have you ever found that a quote that just made you stop and think? Sometimes quotes are the things that can make us change our minds or make us feel differently about life. Below, is a list of quotes that I’ve collected over the years. While there are many quotes out there that I love these are some of the ones that speak to me the most!
Quotes That Speak to Me
Quotes About Faith
1. “The heart of a woman should be so lost in God that a man must be searching for the Lord to find it.”
2. “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” – Jim Elliot
3. “The warrior for Christ will work while others waste time, study while others snooze, and pray while others daydream.“
4. “If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.” -Leonard Ravenhill
5. “Hard Work, difficult times, and trying circumstances do not stop this who are determined to trust the Lord and follow Him.“
6. “My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side for God is always right.” -Abraham Lincoln
7. “The spiritual life is a stern choice. It is not a consoling retreat from the difficulties of existence, but, an invitation to enter fully into that difficult existence, and there apply the charity of God, and bear the cost.“
8. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.“
9. “Without God there is no virtue because there is no prompting of the conscience… without God there is a coarsening of the society: without God democracy will not and cannot long endure… America needs God more than God needs America. If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under.” -Ronald Reagan,
Quotes About Marriage
10. “You can’t be the mother God called you to be until you become the WIFE he called you to be.“
11. “Maybe God created marriage to make us more holy, rather than to just make us happy.“
12. “God can mend broken hearts, but He needs all of the pieces.“
13. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.“
14. “Falling in love is easy. Staying in love requires work. Don’t be afraid of the work; look forward to the rewards.“
Quotes About Military Life
15. “Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle..rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.“
16. “Distance does to love what wind does to fire…it extinguishes the weak and fuels the strong.”
17. “Live each day like he deploys tomorrow.”
18. “When I married a man in the military, no one ever said it would be easy; they just said it would be worth it.“
19. “War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.” – John Stuart Mill
Quotes About People & Life
20. “Life is like a Piano. What you get out of it depends on how you play it.” -Tom Lehrer
21. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” -Winston Churchill.
23. “Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work on it.”
24. “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.'” – Mary Anne Radmacher
What about YOU? Do you have several quotes that speak to you? Which of the above quotes is your favorite?