Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
Right before my military husband left for his TDY, I asked my friends on Facebook for suggestions for meals for one. My husband was going to be gone and my son was too young to eat table food, so I needed ideas of things to make for myself.
A bunch of people left some awesome tips full of different foods to try. But one recipe stood out to me above the rest. It was so easy to make and it sounded yummy too!
Chicken Elegante (which means “Elegant Chicken”) was the recipe a friend friend messaged to me. It is meant to be for one person, but it has become a staple in our home and I needed it to be enough for me and my husband, so I changed it up a bit!
Easy Dinner Recipe: Chicken Elegante
- 1 can of garlic (or regular) cream of mushroom soup
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
- A few slices of onion, chopped
- 1 small package of shredded cheddar or colby cheese
- 1 small package of frozen broccoli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat a medium baking dish with PAM.
- Cut up the chicken breasts into strips, then cut into pieces.
- Mix all the above ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour into baking dish and bake at 350 degrees until chicken is cooked and cheese is melted about 30-45 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
How I Cook My Rice:
1. Bring one chicken bouillon cube and two cups of water to a boil.
2. Add two cups of rice, and follow package directions.
3. When rice is done, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and butter to taste. Serve right away with the chicken elegante!
To view more recipes on Singing Through the Rain, check out my recipe list!