Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, what better way to celebrate than with a delicious recipe? Carrington Farms, a company that makes organic, non-genetically modified health food products sent me a Chicken With Herb Stuffing and Flax recipe that is sure to be a hit during this fall season.
Here’s a little about Carrington Farms and what they are about:
Since 2000, Carrington Farms has been making delicious, 100% organic, non-genetically modified health food products accessible to nutrition-conscious consumers. Our comprehensive line of flax and coconut oil products serves a range of purposes.
Carrington Farms is recognized industry wide for quality, service and value. From our pure whole seed flax to our chia blends and cold-pressed organic extra virgin coconut oil, all of Carrington Farms’ vitamin and mineral-full health food products are a great way to start adding a little more nutrition to everyday life.”
In order to have a healthy fall season check out these products from Carrington Farms that you will need to make the Chicken With Herb Stuffing and Flax.
- Carrington Farms Unflavored Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil – Now I’m sure most of you have heard of coconut oil, but this is the first-ever coconut cooking oil on the market! It’s All-Natural, Gluten-Free, Hexane-Free, Non-GMO, and a great alternative to traditional oils.
- Carrington Farms Organic Flax Hemp PAKS – If you are like me, you probably have never heard of flax before. I looked it up and it’s a blue-flowered herbaceous plant that is cultivated for its seed AND it’s super healthy! These PAKS are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite recipes, yogurts, parfaits, smoothies and more, and an abundant source of Omega 3’s, protein and fiber.
So have a healthy and wonderful Thanksgiving and fall season on Carrington Farms! Try the recipe below as great substitute for Turkey or make on a cool fall day for a taste of fall.
Chicken With Herb Stuffing and Flax Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz./375 g each)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread cut into ½ inch (1 cm) cubes
- 1 ½ tsp. Carrington Farms Unflavored Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- 1 tsp. minced red pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped, sundried cranberries
- 1-2 Carrington Farms Organic Flax Hemp Paks
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. white wine*
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley
- Carrington Farms Unflavored Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- Heat coconut oil in fry pan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and red pepper. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add cranberries. Cook 2 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat, let cool a few minutes.
- In a bowl, combine bread, egg, wine, Flax Hemp Pak, parsley, onion-red pepper mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Between two sheets of wax paper flatten chicken breast to ¼ inch (6 mm) thickness.
- Spread ½ cup (125 mL) stuffing mixture on breast. Roll up. Repeat with other breast.
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C).
- Place chicken rolls on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly brush the top of the chicken rolls with coconut oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Rolls should feel firm and bounce back when gently pressed on top with fingertip.
*Apple juice or chicken broth can be substituted for white wine.