Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
My friend Sarah has done it again! She has created a delicious dessert filled with a wonderful and delicious surprise filling! Sarah approached me awhile back and told me she had this cake that everyone was always asking her to make. She asked if I would want to share it here on the blog and of course, I said yes! While Red Velvet Cake may not be every person’s cup of tea, this one has a little bit of something for everyone!
Sarah has submitted other recipes here to my blog and her contributions are among some of my most popular posts. I continue to be amazed at what she comes up with and I enjoy working with her so we decided to create a Facebook page where we could share our love of cooking and food with everyone. Check out our page: Two Moms Cook and join us for plenty of delicious recipes and lots of cooking tips!
Want to see more of Sarah’s recipes? Check them out here: Sarah’s Recipes.
About This Red Velvet Dream Cake
When discussing this recipe, we had no idea what to call it. It was just something Sarah created that was absolutely delicious! After many attempts at naming it and after polling all of our friends, we settled on “dream cake.”
We thought about leaving the filling as a surprise, but we also really wanted to pull you in with the name. This is a fairly easy recipe to make and we just know that your friends and family are going to just die for the recipe!
- Red Velvet cake mix (Dunkin Hines is best)
- 1 Box of chocolate pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 8oz of Cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups of powder sugar
- ¼ cup water or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the red velvet cake mix and the powder from the box of chocolate pudding.
- Add the wet ingredients slowly mixing the ingredients for 30 seconds.
- Mix on medium for 2-4 minutes until batter is fluffy and a nice even red color.
- In a separate bowl, add cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well together and add chocolate chips last. Small lumps from cream cheese are ok.
- Oil/spray your Bundt pan right before adding the cake mix. You can use a stone Bundt pan so I use cold butter rubbed all around the pan.
- Put 3/4 of the batter in and smooth it around to make it even.
- Put spoonfuls of the cream cheese mix over the top of the cake mix keeping it in the middle away from the outside edge, make sure it’s evenly around the Bundt pan.
- Put spoonfuls of the rest of the cake mix on the very top and lightly smooth it. It doesn't have to fully cover the cream cheese mix.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Let the cake rest for 10 minutes and then turn it over onto a plate. Let it cool for at least an hour before drizzling the glaze over the top of the cake. (you probably will not use the entire glaze.)
Note: If you want, make the cake a day ahead of time and keep it refrigerated overnight. It lets the flavors mold together!
What do YOU think? Do you like Red Velvet cake? Who would you make this for?