Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
I don’t know about you, but I love fried rice! It’s hard to find a place that makes it good and it’s hard to find a recipe that’s easy to make and not a hassle. A friend of mine found this “Basic Fried Rice” recipe online and decided to make it one day when I came over for lunch. She did one thing to it that wasn’t in the recipe and it really just made the entire entree… She added BACON!
After eating it at her house I had to ask for the recipe and have made it twice at my house since. It’s one of our favorites and since it’s so basic you really can add anything you want to it. Maybe even some chicken – which I am still wanting to try sometime! Hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we have.
Basic Fried Rice
What You Need:
- 1 – 2 scallions
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 4 tbls of oil for stir-frying
- 4 cups of cold, already-cooked rice
- 1 – 2 tbls of soy sauce
- 5-6 slices of bacon
How to Make:
1. Earlier in the day cook the rice. Make sure it’s several hours before you make this because you want the rice to have enough time to get cold. When done cooking the rice, put in the refrigerator until cold.
2. Wash and chop the scallions and set aside.
3. Fry the bacon in the same pan that you will use to make your rice. Set bacon aside and once cool, cut/break into bite-sized pieces. Empty all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease from your pan.
4. Lightly beat the eggs and add the salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Heat your frying pan with you bacon grease and add 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot add the eggs.
6. Cook the eggs quickly until the are lightly scrambled, but not completely done. Then, remove the eggs and set aside.
7. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to your pan and then add your cold rice. Stir-fry using a wooden spoon to break apart the rice.
8. Stir in the soy sauce. Now the recipe only calls for 1-2 tablespoons, but I used more than that. It’s really up to you and what you want it to taste like! Keep in mind that too much will make it taste too salty.
9. Once the rice is ready and hot, add the scrambled eggs into the pan and mix thoroughly.
10. Next, add scallions and bacon. Stir until all of it is heated through and serve.
Recipe From: About.com
To view more recipes on Singing Through the Rain, see my recipe list!