Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
Welcome to Singing Through the Rain, home of the best Loaded Chicken and Potatoes recipe!
Three years ago, she posted a picture of her meal, and I just had to try it out for myself and share it here on the blog. Since then, it has been shared thousands of times and has brought millions of page views to my site.
Sarah originally found the base for this recipe on Cook Lisa Cook. Because of her love for cooking, she loves experimenting with recipes and giving them her own easy and healthy twist and this one is no exception! It’s how Loaded Chicken and Potatoes was born.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are Some Hot Sauce Substitutions?
2. Should the Chicken be Cooked or Raw?
When put into the oven, the chicken should be raw.
3. Can Other Types of Potatoes be Used?
Absolutely! Russet Potatoes work well in this casserole too.
4. Does the Casserole Need to be Covered While Baking?
No, it does not.
Can this Recipe be Made in the Crockpot?
Yes. Put all items into a crockpot, cook on low 6-8 hours.
How Can I Make This Recipe Even Healthier?
- Cut the amount of cheese in half.
- Use pre-shredded, reduced fat cheese.
- Add turkey bacon instead of regular bacon.
- Serve with plain non-fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
- Cut the amount of olive oil from 1/3 cup to 1/4 cup.
- Add more chicken and fewer potatoes.
- Use green beans instead of potatoes.
- Use topping alternatives such as shredded lettuce, diced tomato, fresh pico de gallo, or salsa.
What are the Nutrition Facts?
One serving = 1 cup.
- Calories: 434.
- Fat: 19gm.
- Sodium: 500.
- Carbs: 29.2gm.
- Fiber: 3gm.
- Sugar; 2gm.
- Protein 41gm.
The recipe for Loaded Chicken and Potatoes and the photo have been shared here with explicit permission.
This means that copying and pasting this recipe, its contents, and photo without linking back to this post is prohibited.
- 2 c fiesta (or Mexican) blend cheese
- 1 c crumbled bacon
- 1 c diced green onion
See Also: Loaded Baked Potato Soup
2. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
Add the cubed potatoes and chicken and stir to coat. Carefully scoop the potatoes and chicken into the prepared baking dish.
3. Bake the potatoes and chicken for 55-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes, until cooked through, crispy, and browned on the outside. While the potatoes are cooking, fry your bacon (about half a pound).
4. Once the potatoes and chicken are fully cooked, remove from the oven. Top the cooked potatoes with the cheese, bacon, and green onion.
Return the casserole to the oven and bake for five minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve With: Extra hot sauce, Ranch Dressing, or sour cream!
Serves 6 people.
Love this Loaded Chicken and Potatoes Recipe? Tell us what you think in the comments below!