Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
Here in my house we love Italian food. Growing up, my very Italian grandmother would teach me how to cook and I loved the dishes she made. In her house there was always so much food! That’s why I love this quesadilla recipe so much because it takes traditional quesadillas and turns it into a delicious Italian dish!
Adapted from an online recipe, I have made this dish numerous times as a weeknight dinner or even as a quick lunch. My husband loves it and I have recently brought this recipe back into our monthly meal plan since I haven’t made it in awhile.
The Best Quesadillas – Italian Style!
What You Need:
- 8 large soft tortilla wraps
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 12 thin slices pepperoni (you can also use pancetta or thinly-sliced eggplant rounds)
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tsp dried basil (or 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil)
How to Make:
1. Assemble each of the ingredients above on four tortilla wraps using 1/4 of each ingredient per tortilla.
2. Gently press a second tortilla on top of the ingredients.
4. As the cheese begins to melt and the bottom browns, gently flip the quesadilla to brown the other side. Remove from skillet and prepare the rest of the quesadillas the same way.
5. Cut quesadillas into six pieces and serve with sour cream or marinara sauce.
Nutritional info per serving:
762 calories, 37.2 g fat, 42.5 g carbohydrates, 55.6 g protein, 1.6 g sodium, 74.8% daily value of calcium.
Looking for a Healthier Version?
Change up your regular quesadillas with some Mediterranean flavors! Substitute eggplant for the pancetta or pepperoni if you want a vegetarian version. Lightly salt sliced rounds of eggplant, let stand for a few minutes, then pat off the moisture and salt with a paper towel.
Check out more recipes from Singing Through the Rain, HERE.