Creamy Lemon Chicken
Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
My family loves chicken. I love to make chicken because there are so many different ways to make it and because it’s delicious! I recently started making this amazing creamy lemon chicken recipe and it became a huge hit in our house. The lemon flavor isn’t overly strong and it makes a wonderful sauce that can be served over the chicken and either noodles, rice, and potatoes.
Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth (I use a bullion cube and a cup of water)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium onion sliced in rings
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and the chicken breasts (2 at a time) in a large Ziploc bag.
- Shake ingredients in the bag to coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- In a large, deep frying pan, brown the chicken in butter until both sides of chicken are browned.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, cream and onions.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- When finished, add a bit of parsley and serve.
Recipe adapted from: The Mother Huddle. To view more recipes on Singing Through the Rain, see my recipe list!
That looks sooo delicious!
It really is! Hope you get a chance to make it. 🙂
Yum. This looks delicious and so much easier than the lemon chicken recipe I prepare.
It’s the best! I hope you get a chance to try it. 🙂 Thanks for commenting!
This looks divine!!! I pinned it and hope to make it soon. Have you ever tried making it with whole or 2% milk and a bit more flour in the sauce? I would like to make a skinnier version, just because I wanna lose some of those holiday pounds! lol
By the way, I read your about me. I’m also a Christian, so sister here! 🙂 God has definitely blessed you with strength. I rejoice that you’ve had the opportunity to raise that beautiful boy along with your husband. May God continue being your joy and strength through all of the challenges life may bring. Blessings!
I did make it with whole or 2% (can’t remember which because we buy both), but did not do the more flour. It is a good idea though may have to try that next time!
Thank you for your sweet comment! I definitely need to update my “about me” section especially since I just had another baby 8 weeks ago. 🙂 So nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by!
Thanks so much for sharing them with Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Link Party.
Have a great week.
Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above