Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
My family loves chicken. I love to make chicken because there are so many different ways to make it and because it’s delicious! I recently started making this amazing creamy lemon chicken recipe and it became a huge hit in our house. The lemon flavor isn’t overly strong and it makes a wonderful sauce that can be served over the chicken and either noodles, rice, and potatoes.
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth (I use a bullion cube and a cup of water)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium onion sliced in rings
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and the chicken breasts (2 at a time) in a large Ziploc bag.
- Shake ingredients in the bag to coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- In a large, deep frying pan, brown the chicken in butter until both sides of chicken are browned.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, cream and onions.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- When finished, add a bit of parsley and serve.