Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
I am really excited to share with you this fun way to show love to your spouse, children, or family. These wonderful balloons of love are perfect for Valentine’s Day, an anniversary, your child’s birthday, or any other day of the year!
“Blow up balloons and put a loving message in each one. Fill your bedroom with balloons as a surprise.“
I bought the balloons, but didn’t actually set out on this little project for several months. I wanted to wait for the right time – and I found it last week. I was really sick and my husband took such good care of me and my son. When I was feeling better, I thought that it would be the perfect time to set up the balloons to thank him for taking such good care of us.
I thought he would think it was a silly idea, but he was really surprised and excited to read each and every balloon!
How to Make Balloons of Love
1. I bought a bunch of balloons in different colors. You can get them cheap at the dollar store or at Walmart.
2. The suggestion said to put a loving message in each one, but I just took several different color sharpie markers and wrote my messages on each balloon. I included personal messages and also got a few ideas from this post: 99 Things You Might be Thankful for About Your Husband. Here are a few of my examples:
- “Thanks for working so hard!”
- “Thanks for being such a great dad!”
- “I love you!”
- “Thanks for always wanting the best for our family.”
- “Thanks for being so trustworthy.”
- “Thanks for taking such great care of me.”
- “Thanks for putting our family first.”
- “Thanks for all the times you make me smile and laugh.”
- “Thanks for making me feel butterflies.”
- “Thanks for being my sweetheart!”
On some of the balloons I included hearts and other sweet messages as well. When I couldn’t think of any more things to write I used, “I Love You” on the last several balloons.
3. After finishing the balloons, I made sure our room was clean and then brought the balloons in and spread them all over. I put some on the bed and dressers and the rest all over the floor.
4. Last, but not least I shut the door and waited for my husband to come home and be surprised!
This is a great idea to do to show your husband love, or something fun to do for an anniversary, birthday or Valentine’s day. I would love to hear if you try it and what your husband thought!