Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
Last weekend my husband wasn’t feeling too good so I searched for a good soup recipe online that had ingredients I already had in my kitchen. I found this creamy potato soup through a soup link on Pinterest. I wasn’t sure if it would come out so good, especially since not much beats my Loaded Baked Potato Soup!
I was very surprised at the taste, it was sooo good! It made my husband feel better, and it would definitely be good on a cold, winter day. This soup was quick and very easy to make and perfect after a long day. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
What You Need:
- 2 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 10-oz. can cream of mushroom soup (regular or garlic)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
How to Make:
1. Chop up your potatoes and onions and boil them until soft.
2. Drain the potatoes and onions and then pour them back into the pot.
3. Mash the potatoes and onions together.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients into the pot with the potatoes and onions.
5. Heat soup on the stove until it starts boiling, stirring occasionally, then simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Makes: 6 cups
Recipe From: FamilyFun.go.com
To view more recipes on Singing Through the Rain, see my recipe list!
My Thoughts:I didn’t think six cups would be enough, so I doubled the recipe. I also used one can of regular cream of mushroom soup, and one can of garlic cream of mushroom soup. Before serving, I sprinkled Colby cheese on top! This recipe goes great with toast or biscuits.