Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
It’s fall and while everyone is excited for pumpkin-flavored foods and Pumpkin Spice Lattes, I’m over here eating anything with apples or flavored with apples! I mean why doesn’t Starbucks have an Apple Spice latte or an Apple Cider Latte? I would totally be all over that!
Okay, okay, while I do love some pumpkin flavored things, this year I am totally into baking with apples. A few weeks ago I made a warm apple pie bread with cinnamon and it was absolutely divine! I paired it with vanilla ice cream and it was such a warm, wonderful treat.
Fall Apple Crisp Recipe
One of the best things I’ve learned is that October is National Apple Month! A whole month dedicated to juicy apples and the things we can make with them. Because of that, Sparkling Ice, a sparkling water company, asked me to share a dessert made with their Crisp Apple sparkling water.
This Crisp Apple drink is sure to make any fall treat you plan on baking, have a fresh-off-the-tree flavor, with a bit of sparkling kick! For this particular apple crisp recipe, sparkling ice is the secret ingredient to a perfect fall flavor that friends and family will be sure to enjoy.
With Delicious Gala apples, warm buttery goodness, and a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar, you can almost taste the flavor from these pictures! This dish would be great to bring to the table for an after-Thanksgiving dessert or to a fall festival or party. Pair it with vanilla ice cream and you will have the perfect, delicious combo!
Looking for more fall-themed recipes? Check these out:
- How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Sara’s Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Tartlets
- Easy Crumble Cherry Pie
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ¾ cup Crisp Apple Sparkling Ice
- 8 red apples (Gala or Fuji preferred)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a mixing bowl, and cut in the butter with your hands. Mixture should look coarse with some chunks the size of peas.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the crumble on.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until light brown.
- Place baking tray on a wire rack to cool.
- Core and cube the apples and place in a large bowl of cold water to avoid browning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with Sparkling Ice in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the apples, salt, and cinnamon. Sautee over a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Pour the Sparkling Ice and cornstarch mixture into the pot, stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Break the cooled crumble up with your hands to desired size.
- Scoop the warm apples into 6 small ramekins or an 8 inch square serving dish.
- Top with crumble.
- Serve immediately.
What about YOU? Do you have a fall-favorite treat you like to make? Do you prefer apple or pumpkin flavored foods?