Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
I don’t know about you, but I am always in the mood for soup, especially chicken noodle soup!
When I was a child I have fond memories of my dad making homemade chicken noodle soup. It was always one of my favorite meals and I loved that there was always leftovers too!
I came across this recipe recently, and decided I would try it. I never imagined how close to my dad’s homemade soup this would taste! It immediately brought back memories of the chicken noodle soup I tasted many times as a child.
This recipe is one I will be making many many times in the future and one I hope my kids will have fond memories of too!
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 32 oz. carton of chicken stock
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 8 celery stocks chopped
- 4 large carrot sticks (or 16 oz of baby carrot sticks) chopped
- 3-4 cups of egg noodles (3/4 bag)
- 1/2 of a large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp of parsley
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of celery salt
- 1 tsp of thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, water, milk, and spices to slow cooker and stir.
- Add in vegetables and stir.
- Add in whole chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- The last 35 minutes of cooking, take out the chicken breasts and add in the egg noodles.
- Shred or cut up chicken and add it back to the slow cooker and continue cooking until done.
- The last 35 minutes of cooking add in your egg noodles and remove your chicken breasts. Shred up your chicken with two forks and add it back into the slow cooker, continue cooking during that last 35 minutes until your noodles are cooked and soft. Serve and Enjoy!
This chicken noodle soup would be great with biscuits, rolls, or garlic bread. It’s also perfect for fall or winter days, sick days, or any day soup sounds good!
Recipe Adapted From: Servings for Six.com
To view more recipes on Singing Through the Rain, see my recipe list!
What’s YOUR favorite soup? Do you have a recipe that brings back memories of childhood?
I’m always in the mood for soup too. This would be great to bring for lunch all week. It looks so good! Thanks for sharing.
Yes, I am definitely a soup, salad, and sandwich kind of gal! It will definitely have a lot of leftovers that would be perfect for lunch, in fact I have enjoyed it for lunch several times this week. Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Loved it!!! Only change is I used Orzo instead of the egg noodles.
What is Orzo?
This is what orzo is: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-orzo.htm
Thank you for two great recipes I WILL MAKE THE CHICKEN SOUP tomorrow as it is snowing.. Thank you so much for sharing.
I love your webpage!
Thank you so much!!
Please review the 2 last steps of tour recipe. They are repeated.. Good recipe Yeaiii 🙂
Is there a good substitute for cream of chicken soup for someone that can’t have dairy?
I’m not sure. I eat dairy so I wouldn’t know. But I bet Pinterest could give you some ideas!