Crock Pot Potato Chowder
Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
I know that I have posted a lot of different recipes for potato soup on my blog, but I promise you this one is different and just as yummy as the other ones! Curious as to what the other potato soup recipes are? Check them out here: Baked Potato Soup and Creamy Potato Soup.
I wanted to make this potato soup because it was made in the crock-pot and I am crazy for crock-pot recipes as they are easy, fun, and yummy! I love that I can be “cooking dinner” all day and still be busy doing other stuff!
My husband and I weren’t sure how this soup was going to turn out, but my husband who is very picky loved it and so did I. It’s definitely one that I will be making again!
- 8 cups potatoes ( diced )
- 1/3 cup onion ( chopped )
- 42 ounces chicken broth ( 3 cans chicken broth)
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounce cream cheese ( cubed, softened )
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pound bacon ( cooked and crumbled )
- shredded cheese ( cheddar or colby )
- Chop up potatoes and onions.
- Put potatoes, onion, chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup in the crock pot.
- Add the garlic powder and stir.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- 30 minutes before it's ready add the cream cheese in spoonfuls and blend.
- Fry your bacon and cut into small pieces. Add to crock pot and stir.
- Top soup with chives and shredded cheese before serving.
Original Recipe From: womenist.blogark.com