Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
Excited to have a friend and fellow military wife guest post today about a very awesome care package that I think you are going to LOVE!
Hello! My name is Patricia Brandon, and I have been married to my wonderful husband for a little over 4 years. We are currently going through our first deployment, and I love creating and sending personalized care packages for him! Since he is VERY patriotic, and this will be our first 4th of July apart since we’ve been married, I decided to make and send him a 4th of July care package.
Here’s how you can make one too!
4th of July Care Package
What You Need:
- 1 Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box (free from the post-office)
- 4 white sheets of construction paper (cut to fit each side of the box and taped down)
- Big blue & red letters found at Dollar Tree
- Patriotic stickers found at Kroger
What’s in the 4th of July Care Package:
- 2013 men’s blue 4th of July shirt from Old Navy
- 1 small American flag
- 1 Glow Heart party favor
- 1 Glow Eye-glasses (red, white, & blue) party favor
- 3 red, white, & blue stars/beads necklaces
- 3-pack white notepads
- Pack of 2 Pilot G2 blue ink pens
- 1 BiC 4 Color pen
- 1 O2 Cool 5” Portable Fan – Battery Operated (and batteries for it)
- 1 pack Angry Birds Freezer Bars
- 1 MiO FIT (Berry Blast)
- Red, white, & blue Twizzlers
- 2 big packs of Welch’s Fruit Snacks
- 1 package of Jack Link’s Beef Jerky (Teriyaki), & Beef Steak Tender Bites (Teriyaki)
- 3-pack Trident Original Flavor gum
- 1 package of Lifesavers Pep-O-Mint Hard Candy
- 1 pack of Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes
- 1 small Coppertone Sport Sunscreen (Ultra Sweatproof)
- 2 Travel Size Crest Pro-Health (Refreshing Clean Mint) mouthwash bottles
- 1 Travel Size blue Q-tips pack
- 1 personalized patriotic card
I included patriotic items as well as necessities in the box. I tried to keep everything red, white, or blue to go with the 4th of July theme. Some things in the box (portable fan, freezer bars) are based on the weather where my husband is at. It is VERY hot there! Some items are just things I know he really likes (Teriyaki flavor Beef Jerky/Tender Bites).
What about YOU? What’s your favorite care package to make and send?