Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
As a wife, I’m always looking for new ways to spice up my marriage and show my husband that I love him. I’ve learned you can never do too much for your marriage because it can always get better!
I looked up to see what the words “spice up” meant and I found it means:
“To make something more interesting, lively, or sexy.”
Maybe your marriage needs a little liveliness and a little spice. If so, here are 31 ways to spice up your marriage. Enjoy!
How to Spice Up Your Marriage
1. Hold hands. Not only hold hands but hold hands at least unexpected time and surprise your spouse.
2. Use candles and rose petals. Need I say more..? Come on it’s not as cheesy as it sounds. I’ve Kissed the Ground You’ve Walked On
3. Have a date night. It doesn’t have to be once a week, it can be even just once or twice a month, but utilize it! There are plenty of ideas around the internet that are cheap, fun, and even some ideas you can do at home! Creative Ideas for Romance on a Budget, The Dating Divas: Strengthening Marriages One Date at a Time, Can of Dates, Date Night Gift Idea, 30 Ideas for a Date Night at Home, Never a Dull Date & 101 Date Ideas.
6. Be spontaneous. Do something spur of the moment that you don’t do very often or have never done before.
7. Take a vacation. Just you and your spouse. Even if it’s just one night away at a local hotel. You know it will be fun…
8. Surprise your spouse. 10 Ways to Surprise Your Spouse
9. Flirt. You know you used to do it and you can do it again! Five Ways to Flirt With Your Husband
10. Change up your bedroom. Make your bedroom a sanctuary. One for you and your spouse that is special for you both. Make it a place where you can get away, where the children aren’t allowed, and where you can feel at peace and rest. Tips for a Romantic Bedroom
11. Save for your dream vacation – in a very unique way! All you need is a dollar… and A Small Metal Box.
13. Text. Use your phone to send your honey special messages just for him. If your spouse can’t use their phone at work during the day, leave texts for them to find when they get out of work.
14. Make a “Together Let’s…” List. Together Let’s…
15. Make Love. 29 days to great sex.
17. Dress up. Have a dress-up date. Wear something fancy and convince your husband to wear a suit and tie. Go out on the town or stay home and have a romantic dinner.
18. Take a challenge. “31 Days of Love” Marriage Challenge
20. Pray together. Ok, I know this doesn’t seem to fit in with the rest of the list, but I promise you, once you start praying together you will start to feel closer to each other. You will see a difference.
21. Inspire each other. 50 Ways to Inspire Your Husband
22. Leave each other messages. “Love” Message Board
23. Have a sleepover! Slumber Party… for 2
24. Read a book. The Good Girl’s Guide to Great Sex: (And You Thought Bad Girls Have All the Fun), Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage, & Kiss Me Like You Mean It: Solomon’s Crazy in Love How-To Manual.
25. Set up a romantic dinner at home. Make your spouse’s favorite dinner. Use your pretty glasses from your wedding. Make it a theme. “Hungry for Your Love” Romantic Dinner at Home
26. Keep a traveling journal. 10 Things that Have Made All the Difference
27. Get a massage together.
28. Give your spouse a massage.
29. Try something new. Adding a Little Variety
30. Use love quotes and lyrics. Ever hear a song or see a quote that just describes your relationship perfectly? Look them up and use it in a love note to your spouse, or find it in print and frame it in your room. Quotes and lyrics have the power to let you tell your spouse how much you love them even if you can’t find the right words to say. 75 Quotes on Love, Marriage, and Relationships
31. Kiss. Not just a peck on the cheek, but a real kiss. Kiss like today is the last day you will ever see your spouse again.
What about YOU? What do you do to spice up your marriage?