Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
In case you didn’t know it yet, April is the month of the military child. This is a time to celebrate the brave kids of the men and women who sacrifice for our country. Military kids are unique. They learn to adapt and are very resilient, but they sacrifice a lot too.
When thinking what to write about for this year’s month of the military child, I immediately thought of care packages. Sure kids have fun packing care packages to send when mom or dad is deployed, but what about getting care packages themselves?
I didn’t find many resources for this and thought that sending a care package to a military child would be a great way to show how much you care. I put together these fun care package ideas so that hopefully you can send a package or two to the military child in your life!
45+ Kid’s Care Package Ideas
Make your care package shine with some of these items to put in your care package:
DIY Care Package Ideas
- Clothespin Military Airplanes – What child wouldn’t love to receive one of these adorable little DIY airplanes?
- Military Child Certificate – Print this out and put it at the bottom of your care package. It will be great surprise to see after they’ve unpacked everything else!
- 12 Flag Crafts for Kids – Gather up the supplies for a few of these flag crafts so that the child can make them when they get your package.
- DIY Patriotic Bracelets – Make these bracelets for the military child in your life or send the supplies so they can make it themselves!
- Countdown Til’ Daddy Comes Home
- Night Catch
- My Dad’s a Hero
- Cooper and me and the Military
- H is for Honor: Military Family Alphabet
- Daddy’s Deployed Personalized Books
- My Daddy’s Deployed: A Deployment and Reunion Activity Book
Care Package Items for Babies
We can’t forget the littlest of the military kids, so make sure to pack a little something for everyone! Etsy is just full of adorable military-themed ideas for babies. Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Military Ruffle Diaper Cover
- Patriotic Baby Leg Warmers
- Military-Themed Headbands
- Military Infant Flight Cap
- Military Baby Bibs
- Military Baby Onesies
- Camo Baby Bear
Care Package Ideas for Kids
- Military Kids Journal – Help a military kid through the difficulties of deployment with one of these journals. It can be saved as a keepsake or completed and sent to their parent on deployment.
- Dog Tags for Kids – Let your military child have a little bit of love to take with them wherever they are with these beautiful dog tags. They will love having their own just like mom or dad!
- Personalized, Hand-Stamped Military Dog Tag – With this exquisite set, dad has the dog tag, and the kids each have a piece of his heart to wear around their necks.
- Daddy Doll or Military Bear – Daddy dolls are some of the most popular gifts for military kids these days, and what better way to keep their dad or mom with them then with this gift? Want to try something else? Check out some of these adorable military bears!
- Military Kid Photo Session – Treat the military child in your life to a military-themed photo session like this one. Send a “coupon” for it in the care package and pay for it in full!
- Military Infinity Scarf for Girls – This beautiful Vintage American Flag Scarf is a must-have for the military girl in your life. It’s absolutely beautiful!
- Military Action Figures – Let the military child in your life have bring the military life to life with fun with little army men, little tanks, and other fun military figures. Most of them are small enough to fit in a box as a fun surprise!
Care Package Items for Older Children
- Military Brat Coin – Coins are a big deal in the military. Let your military child feel like a grown-up with their own military brat coin!
- Survival Kit and MRE – Let your military kid get a feel of what it’s like to be in the military with this emergency survival kit and an MRE they can try!
- BRATS: Our Journey Home – A documentary for older kids about growing up in the military from other military brats perspective. Very inspiring!
Other Care Package Items to Send
Your care package items don’t have to all be military-themed! Let the kids get a feel for the kinds of items they might send to dad or mom for themselves with some of these more necessary things they may need.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy Tins
- Axe Body Wash or Deodorant
- Kid’s Sun Block
- Hand Sanitizer
- Gift Cards
- Cookies (The Best Way to Send Cookies in a Military care Package)
For more ideas like this, check out these resources:
- 150 Items for Your Next Care Package
- Awesome Things to Send in the Mail
- Best Toys and Resources for Military Kids
How to Decorate Your Care Package
There are TONS of resources all over the internet for care packages for military men and women. But what about ideas for kids? Here are just a few adorable ideas I found:
- Minion Care Package
- “You’re One Tough Cookie!” (Cookie Monster) Care Package
- “Holy Care Package Batman!” Care Package
- Finding Nemo Care Package
- Avenger’s Care Package
What about YOU? Have you ever sent a care package to a military kid? What care package ideas would you have?
Want to read more about military kids? Check out this post!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MSB New Media & Unilever. The opinions and text are all mine.