Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
I made one of my favorite meals the other night – slow cooker pot roast! And I finally decided to share the recipe with you! I love this recipe because it is easy, only requires a few ingredients, AND it’s in the crock-pot. Need I say more?
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans of cream of mushroom soup (I used the garlic cream of mushroom soup).
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix.
- 1 1/4cups of water.
- 5 1/2 lbs of pot roast (mine are usually a couple lbs smaller).
How to Make:
Usually before I put any meat into the crock-pot I prep the meat with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder. You can do this, or skip this part, up to you!
1. In large bowl mix the cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix, and water together. I use a whisk so it’s not so lumpy.
2. Place pot toast into the slow cooker and pour the soup mixture on top.
3. Add carrots and potatoes (optional, but definitely recommended).
4. Cook on high setting for 3-4 hours or on low for 8-9 hours.
5. When done, use the soup mixture as gravy. Enjoy!
Original Recipe From: AllRecipes.com
To view more recipes on Singing Through the Rain, see my recipe list!
This recipe is great! I’ve been using it for years. I usually add a scoop of sour cream.
It also tastes good with pork chops or beef stew meat (usually served with rice or egg noodles).
I am loving these ideas, thanksk Aprille! Definitely going to try it with the sour cream!
oooh that looks awesome!!! will have to remember it. YUM!
It’s very yummy! 🙂 I would love to hear if you ever get to try it!