Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
Please enjoy this guest post by Jessica from The Crow Family Blog. Jessica is a Christian military wife and a real sweetheart, I know you will just love her heart for the Lord.
I wanted to share with you just a little that has been on my heart lately. During a recent quiet time I had, I studied the scripture below. This particular verse really hit home for me. I have always heard there are 3 things you need to know about trials…
- You are either in a trial
- You are about to be in a trial
- Or you are just coming out of a trial
I have found this to be quite true in my life. Sure as I think “whew, all clear, trial over”…bam something else.
This scripture offers so much hope, promise, and security to me. I really tried to dig deeper into this verse so as to have a better understanding.
“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. “ Romans 12:12
So, I broke it down a little bit in my thoughts and wanted to share….
- Rejoice in hope – be happy in our confidence, rejoice in our confident hope. Hope – that is in the hope of eternal life – remember that right now is just temporary…this life is just temporary, but our confidence/trust can be placed in the eternal hope
- Be patient in tribulation – tribulation = affliction – knowing that when I suffer as a Christian it is suffering for Christ’s sake. Being patient implies steadfastness – enduring all that may be appointed – trusting that in these life interruptions there is a purpose.
- Be constant in prayer – it is important (necessary) to be in a spirit of prayer. Constant = persistent (keep on praying)
May this verse bring comfort to you as it has for me.
My name is Jessica. I am married to my high school sweetheart and we are blessed with two children. For the last 7 years I have been a stay at home mom, but this year as my youngest started to school I began substitute teaching. My husband has been in the Army Reserves for 11 years and we are currently preparing for our 4th deployment. I am very passionate about supporting, encouraging, and connecting military wives and therefore am very involved in the organization Wives of Faith as the MemberCare Director. I also enjoy blogging. You can find my blog at www.just4crows.blogspot.com