Does God Really Know Who You Are?
Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
I was recently watching a favorite television show of mine. One of the characters stated something so thought-provoking to me that I just had to share my thoughts on it.
In the show, the main character’s brother was dying. She was at the hospital chapel trying to figure out how to pray and she said this phrase that made me stop in my tracks: “God doesn’t even know who I am…”
Read that again and let it sink in. To me this is a powerful belief. To believe that God has no idea who who you are or even that He even cares what is going on in your life is incredibly sad. If that was the truth, what would be the point in living?
The good news is, God really does know who you are. He knows each intricate detail of your life, your likes and your dislikes. He even knew you before you were born!
7 Verses That Prove God Knows Who You Are:
1. “O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways.” – Psalm 139 1-3 NKJV
2. “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” – Psalm 139:13-16 NKJV
3. “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.” – Psalm 91:14 NKJV
4. “I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy, For You have considered my trouble; You have known my soul in adversities.” – Psalm 31:7 NKJV
5. “Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.” – Matthew 10:29-30 NKJV
6. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” – Jeremiah 1:5 NKJV
7. “Can a woman forget her nursing child, And not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.” – Isaiah 49:15- 16 NKJV
Friends, I hope that with just a few of these verses you can dig deeper and find the meaning in how much God knows you and loves you. You don’t have to worry about your past or the mistakes you made yesterday. He still loves you and wants you to know Him better.
If you don’t know Christ as your personal Saviour, then check out this post for more info: The Most Important Post You’ll Ever Read.
What about YOU? How has God shown you that He knows who you are? That He knows you by name?
LOVE LOVE LOVE this reminder!! we often let troubles and circumstances cloud our hearts of the fact that God KNOWS us and chooses to LOVE us anyway!!
thanks for the smile!
Such powerful scriptures! God tells us so many times how much He loves us if we will just listen. Thank you for these words.