Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
You know those annoying little ads on the right-hand side bar on facebook? Yes, those can actually be quite helpful! For all of you bloggers out there who pay to advertise your business or even your blog on other blogs, why waste your time and your money when you can do the same thing on facebook for probably better results and maybe even less money!
For several months now facebook has been sending me a free $50. coupon to use on my fan pages. I wanted to try it out, but I was hesitant because I did not want to get charged over the free $50. off and I was not sure how it all worked. After much debating over it I decided to give it a try! I made an ad on facebook, I used my $50. off coupon code, and I waited for the results. I made the ad link to go to my blog fan page on facebook. I set the ad for one 24 hour period and set the ad so that it did not charge me over the $50. off. Here is what my ad looked like:
I really liked the results. Within 24 hours I received 154 clicks and 75 new fans to my fan page. Here is what the results looked like (click to enlarge):
So how do you make a Facebook and how to you make exactly work for YOU? Here is a step-by-step on how to make an Ad.
*You Must Click on Each Photo see the Entire Picture and Writing.*
2. Targeting. Targeting can be very specific it just depends on what you are advertising and who your audience is. Look at example 1# (above) to see what I listed as my targeted audience.
3. Part 2 of targeting. Pretty easy stuff!
4. We are almost done. Now on to campaigns, pricing and schedule and this is where it can get tricky!
At any time after you have started your ad you can stop the ad, delete the ad, and edit the ad. It is all totally in your hands how it works and how well it does. So what are some things you can use facebook ads for?
1. You can advertise your blog or blog fan page.
2. You can advertise your business, business fan page, or etsy shop.
3. You can advertise a group you have on facebook.
4. You can advertise any webpage or link that you want.
These are the things that make people want to click.
1. Naming your ad.
Find a good name for your ad. Either the name of your blog, the name of your business or even something like “Hey You!” Anything that is going to catch someone’s attention or make people want to click on it.
2. Finding a good picture for your ad.
The picture I think is even more important than the name because this is what draws the eye. You want the picture to be a good representation of what you are advertising. Not boring, but light and bright in color.
3. Writing a good description for your ad.
After the picture draws people in they are going to look for what your ad is about. What are you advertising what are you trying to sell? You want to make your words count because facebook only allowed 135 characters. Make it fun, make it short, make it count!