Note: I may earn money or products from the companies, products, or links mentioned in this post.
Who here loves anything with cherries in it? Raise your hand! I know I do, I could eat cherries every day all day, and if you are anything like me, then you are going to love this amazing cherry pie recipe.
This particular recipe was submitted by my friend and fellow military wife, Sarah. Sarah has guest posted here on the blog before and is the author of my top viral recipe, Loaded Chicken and Potatoes. She is an amazing cook and a wonderful person and that’s just two reasons why you don’t want to miss this recipe!
Perfect for the Holidays Cherry Pie
- 1 Frozen Pie crust (take out when preheating the oven)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp almond flavoring
- ½ cup butter (cold cut into chunks)
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 21 oz can of Cherry Pie filling
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Stab the bottom of your pie crust with a fork about 5 random spots. After the frozen pie crust has sat out about 15 minutes dump the pie filling in to the crust.
- Put crumb topping in a bowl and use a pastry blender or fork until the butter is crumbled and everything is mixed. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the top of the cherry filling.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly around edges. If you want you can cover the edge of the crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning for the first 15 minutes of baking. You’re looking for a golden brown crumble topping. Let cool 30 minutes and enjoy!
What about YOU? Will you be making any desserts this holiday season?
To view more recipes on Singing Through the Rain, see my recipe list!
Recipe by Sarah :
My name is Sarah I’m an Air Force Wife and the mother to a rambunctious 2-year-old son. I love cooking and baking with only having a dud every once in a while! I believe that life is an open book and I live life to enjoy every bite.